What’s Company Name-to-Domain API and How Does It Work?
In this blog post, you’ll learn what company name to domain API is, and why there’s been an increasing demand for an automated technology to convert company names to domains.
Converting company name to domain in bulk is a non-trivial task for even the most tech savvy B2B marketing and sales operations teams out there. In this blog post you’ll learn what company name to domain API is, and why there’s been an increasing demand for an automated technology to convert company name to domain.
In a nutshell, a company name-to-domain tool takes a list of company names and merely transforms them into website addresses. It’s that simple. The technology automatically crawls the internet to identify the website address for each organization that’s on your list.
Company name-to-domain tool takes a list of company names and transforms them into website addresses.
How it works
As a starting point, you’ll need to compile a list of all of the company names that need to be converted to domain. The more precise your company names are, the more accurate the results will be. Here’s a quick example – imagine Coca-Cola is on your list. Instead of submitting “Coca-Cola”, try submitting the official company name, which is “The Coca-Cola Company”.
There are two primary types of those tools:
- SaaS Application (Online Portal): increasingly popular among the marketing professionals, the online portal is an easy way to convert a big list of company names into website addresses in bulk with zero coding involved.
- API: if the word “coding” doesn’t scare you down, then you may want to consider implementing this process through an API integration with your CRM or marketing automation system. Compared to the online portal, the benefit here is that this process becomes continuous and can be run automatically to all of the records where you only have company name information.
- Miscellaneous: we've put together a blog post with a few alternative scenarios you could follow to convert a list company names to the list of website addresses.
Why do you need a company name-to-domain tool?
- If you’re in marketing: with the recent changes to the way marketers are generating leads, as the result of the pandemics, we’ve observed a shift, where more marketing dollars are being spent on all sorts of online programs organized by the third parties, such as virtual trade shows, webinars, happy hours, partner meetings, demos, virtual customer visits and more. With those types of campaigns, it is often the case that your team does not have complete control over the number of data points that you’ll be getting about the registrants and attendees. Many online events organizers have been providing as little as “Company Name” to the vendors giving them minimal visibility into the profile of the attendees. Since marketers simply can’t effectively target prospects based on a generic company name, they need an easy way on converting company name to domain in bulk. The key benefit of MARCOM Robot company name-to-domain tool is that marketers get access to an online portal where they can convert company names to domains in bulk in just a few clicks.
- If you’re in sales operations: in the era of digital transformation the quality of data about new leads and existing customers is an inalienable factor of sales productivity. That’s why one of sales ops team’s responsibilities is maintaining a clean CRM database. As far as the available toolset, sales ops teams typically have data enrichment, business email validation and data cleansing tools in their arsenal. The MARCOM Robot company name-to-domain API is yet another instrument available to sales operations teams to help them increase the quality of data stored in their CRM.