Understanding User Feedback Tools: How They Help Improve Customer Experience
In this blog post, you’ll learn what a user feedback tool is, when, why, and how to use user feedback software to discover how customers feel about your products, services, and encounters with your team.
Table of contents:
User feedback tools are essential for organizations that want to stay ahead of the competition and provide the best possible customer experience. By using user feedback tools and collecting feedback at critical milestones, you can gain a comprehensive understanding of the customer journey and take targeted actions to improve it.
Feedback made easy: user feedback tools explained
A user feedback tool is a SaaS application that enables you to gather valuable customer insights and enhance retention by identifying and addressing product and service issues that can lead to customer churn.
User feedback tools often collect information via surveys. Those surveys can have one-question (CST, CES, NPS surveys) or multi-question (more standard surveys with multiple questions).
When to use user feedback tools?
To get the most out of user feedback tools, consider collecting feedback at critical milestones in the customer journey. Gathering feedback at various points helps identify areas for improvement and provides a better overall customer experience. Here are some of the milestones in the customer journey where it makes sense to use user feedback tools:
- 30 days after the initial purchase
- After every support interaction
- 90 days before renewal
Collecting feedback at each stage can give you a comprehensive understanding of the customer experience and take targeted actions to improve it.
What are the benefits of using user feedback tools?
The most effective user feedback tools help you continuously collect feedback and track essential customer success KPIs, such as NPS, CES, and CSAT. They also provide:
- Real-time first-hand customer feedback: User feedback tools enable you to gather customer feedback in real-time, accurately representing their needs and preferences.
- Normalized and systemized data format: User feedback tools provide insights in an easy-to-consume form, allowing you to search for specific phrases or scores and make data-driven decisions.
- Instant alerts on critical feedback: User feedback tools provide real-time alerts on negative feedback from high-value and high-risk customers or positive feedback that can become the foundation for a success story.
- Visual representation of KPIs: The best user feedback tools come with predefined and customizable dashboards and charts that help quantify customer satisfaction. You can track how your scores and ratings progress over time, assess the impact of your efforts, and enhance your products and services accordingly.
- Easy user feedback survey delivery: User feedback tools allow you to send feedback surveys directly to prospects and customers without relying on third-party software.
What are the best user feedback tools?
Choosing the right user feedback tool with many available options can be challenging. Some of the best user feedback tools in 2023 that can help you gather valuable insights and improve customer experience include:
- SurveySense by Marcom Robot
- SurveyMonkey (surveymonkey.com)
- GetFeedback (getfeedback.com)
Unlike traditional online survey tools, user feedback tools offer a more engaging and interactive user experience. They collect both qualitative and quantitative data, providing more nuanced and richer insights into customer opinions and experiences. Continuous feedback collection enables you to continuously identify trends and make data-driven decisions to enhance your products and services.