How to Enable Data Enrichment for HubSpot CRM with Marcom Robot
In this online integration guide, you'll learn how to enable data enrichment, business email and phone number validation for HubSpot CRM with Marcom Robot Data Enrichment Engine.
This step-by-step integration guide explains how to Marcom Robot Data Enrichment Engine with HubSpot CRM through the API. At MARCOM Robot, we have been dealing with various organizations and teams. While we did our best to put together a comprehensive document that would describe the entire integration process and requirements, we understand that you may have additional questions or simply need help. Supporting our customers at every step of the integration journey and beyond is our commitment.
In case you need data enrichment for HubSpot, and have any business and/or technology-related questions, do not hesitate to contact your account manager at MARCOM Robot. You can also use the Contact Us form on the website, and we’ll be in touch with you asap.
1. Getting started: HubSpot credentials
To kick-start the integration, you’ll need an “Active API Key” for your HubSpot instance. Here’s how to find your “Active API Key”:
- While in your HubSpot instance, follow this path: “Settings” –> “Integrations” –> “API Key” –> click “Show” –> click “Copy” –> proceed to step #2
2. Using your HubSpot credentials to connect Marcom Robot and HubSpot
At the previous step you’ve copied your HubSpot API Key to your clipboard. Now you’ll need to apply it in MARCOM Robot to connect the two applications:
- Input your copied “API Key” into the “Credentials” field
- Click “Save”
3. Testing and verifying the connection
After you’ve applied your HubSpot credentials, a “Verification” section will become active. Now you need to test the connection between MARCOM Robot and your HubSpot instance by clicking “Test Connection” button. Depending on the result, you will either see the “Success” or “Failure” message. If you run into a problem, please do not hesitate to contact your account manager at MARCOM Robot.
- A "Test Connection" Button
- A "Connection Successful" Message
- A "Connection Failed" Message
4. Installing the integration and passing over Marcom Robot Custom Fields
After you’ve successfully tested the connection between Marcom Robot and your HubSpot instance, you’ll need to deploy the integration and create Marcom Robot custom fields in your HubSpot instance. In order to complete this step, all you need to do is click the “Install Marcom Robot Custom Fields” button. Depending on the result, you will see either the “Success” or “Failure” message. If you run into a problem, please do not hesitate to contact your account manager at MarcomRobot.
- An "Install Marcom Robot Custom Fields" Button
- A "Fields Created Successfully" Message
- A "Fields Creation Failed" Message
If you didn’t run into any problems and saw the “Fields Created Successfully” message after you created the MARCOM Robot custom fields, you can always find the full list of fields in the settings of your HubSpot instance. Here’s how to locate the MARCOM Robot custom fields. While in your HubSpot instance, follow this path: “Settings” –> “Contacts and companies” -> click “Go to properties” next to “Set the properties your team sees on contact records”.
- A Collapsed View - Marcom Robot Custom Fields
- An Expanded View – Marcom Robot Custom Fields
5. Mapping the fields between Marcom Robot and HubSpot
After you’ve successfully created the custom fields in your HubSpot instance through the MARCOM Robot application, you’ll need to map out the fields between MARCOM Robot and HubSpot so that the enriched data gets populated into the fields you need. In order to complete this step, expand the “Mapping” section of the integration wizard. Here you’ll see the MARCOM Robot fields on the left-hand side and your HubSpot custom fields on the right-hand side. The toggles to the right allow you to select whether you want to update a field only in case it’s still empty in your HubSpot instance and a “remove field mapping element” control.
6. Scheduling your HubSpot enrichment process
This is the very last step of the integration. Here you’ll need to schedule your data enrichment process.
- If you set the enrichment timeframe (search criteria) to 7 days, it means that Marcom Robot will start enriching your records that have been created between today and 7 days ago.
The enrichment timeframe (search criteria) is really up to you but based on our experience we’d recommend the timeframe to be set between 7 and 21 days. After you set your enrichment timeframe, click “Save’ it Marcom Robot will be launching its processes every 5-15 minutes.
Need to enrich your entire HubSpot database? We can certainly do this as well, but before we proceed, please do the following:
- Be sure to check that your Marcom Robot subscription plan exceeds the number of records in your HubSpot database, otherwise you’ll hit the limit.
- In case your HubSpot Database has more than 25,000 records, check your daily number of API calls on your HubSpot plan in order to not hit your daily API request limit with HubSpot (25 000 API requests on HubSpot Pro Plan and 100,000 API requests on HubSpot Ultimate Plan).
- Please contact us and we'll launch the enrichment process for you once 1 and 2 have been confirmed.