How to Enable Data Enrichment for Pardot with Marcom Robot
In this online integration guide, you'll learn how to enable data enrichment, business email and phone validation for Pardot with Marcom Robot Data Enrichment Engine.
This step-by-step integration guide explains how to Marcom Robot Data Enrichment Engine with Pardot through the API. At Marcom Robot, we have been dealing with various organizations and teams. While we did our best to put together a comprehensive document that would describe the entire integration process and requirements, we understand that you may have additional questions or simply need help. Supporting our customers at every step of the integration journey and beyond is our commitment.
In case you need data enrichment for Pardot, and have any business and/or technology-related questions, do not hesitate to contact your account manager at Marcom Robot. You can also use the Contact Us form on the website, and we’ll be in touch with you asap.
1. Getting started: Pardot credentials
To kick-start the integration, you’ll need to obtain the following information (credentials) for your Pardot instance.
- Email Address
- API User Key
- Because Pardot has recently become part of SalesForce, the SalesForce users can access Pardot through the same credentials that they’re using to access SalesForce. These credentials will not work. Please make sure that you’re using your email and password that have been obtained as part of the account creation process with Pardot.
- Here’s how to find the “API User Key” - while in your Pardot instance, follow this path: “Admin” –> “User Management” –> “Select User” –> “API User Key”
2. Using your Pardot credentials to connect Marcom Robot and Pardot
Now that you have your account credentials for your Pardot instance, you’ll need to apply them in MARCOM Robot to connect the two applications. In order to get started:
- Log in to MARCOM Robot and navigate to the “Integrations” tab on the left-had-side menu
- Input Your Pardot credentials (Email Address, Password, API User Key)
- Click “Save”
3. Testing and verifying the connection
After you’ve applied your Pardot credentials, a “Verification” section will become active. Now you need to test the connection between MARCOM Robot and your Pardot instance by clicking “Test Connection” button. Depending on the result, you will either see the “Success” or “Failure” message. If you run into a problem, please do not hesitate to contact your account manager or your support partner at MARCOM Robot.
Test Connection Button
4. Installing the integration and creating custom fields
After you’ve successfully tested the connection between MARCOM Robot and your Pardot instance, you’ll need to deploy the integration and create MARCOM Robot custom fields in your Pardot instance. In order to complete this step, all you need to do is click the “Install MARCOM Robot Custom Fields” button. Depending on the result, you will either see the “Success” or “Failure” message. If you run into a problem, please do not hesitate to contact your account manager or your support partner at MARCOM Robot.
"Install MARCOM Robot Custom Fields" Button
"Fields Created Successfully" Message
"Field Creation Failed" Message
5. Mapping the fields between Marcom Robot and Pardot
After you’ve successfully created the custom fields in your Pardot instance through the MARCOM Robot application, you’ll need to map out the fields between MARCOM Robot and Pardot so that the enriched data gets populated into the fields you need. In order to complete this step, expand the “Mapping” section of the integration wizard. Here you’ll see the MARCOM Robot fields on the left-hand side and your Pardot custom fields on the right-hand side. The toggles to the right allow you to select whether you want to update a field only in case it’s still empty in your Pardot instance and a “remove field mapping element” control.
6. Scheduling your Pardot enrichment process
This is the very last step of the integration. Here you’ll need to specify your desired data enrichment timeframe.
- If you set the enrichment timeframe to 7 days, it means that MARCOM Robot will start enriching your records that have been created between today and 7 days ago.
The enrichment timeframe is really up to you but based on our experience we’d recommend the timeframe to be set between 7 and 21 days. After you set your enrichment timeframe, click “Save’ it MARCOM Robot will be launching its processes every 5 minutes.
Need to enrich your entire Pardot database? We can certainly do this as well, but before we proceed, please do the following:
- Be sure to check that your Marcom Robot subscription plan exceeds the number of records in your Pardot database, otherwise you’ll hit the limit.
- In case your Pardot Database has more than 25,000 records, check your daily number of API calls on your HubSpot plan in order to not hit your daily API request limit with Pardot.
- Please contact us and we'll launch the enrichment process for you once 1 and 2 have been confirmed.