Landing Page Heatmaps
PagePro gives you a unique insight into user behavior on your landing pages with integrated landing page heatmaps.
In this article:
What is a landing page heatmap?
A landing page heatmap is a visual representation of visitor engagement on a landing page. It provides insights into how visitors interact with different elements and areas of the page.
Heatmaps use color coding to indicate the intensity of visitor activity:
- “Hotter” colors (such as red or orange) represent areas with higher engagement
- “Cooler” colors (such as blue or green) indicate areas with lower engagement
There are three types of landing page heatmaps:
- Click Heatmap: shows where visitors click the most on a landing page. It helps identify which elements, such as buttons, links, or images, are attracting the most attention and receiving the most interaction. It also shows you the parts of your landing page that are less valuable for the visitors.
- Scroll Heatmap: displays how far visitors scroll down the landing page. It helps determine if the page layout effectively guides users to the desired content or action.
- Movement Heatmap: reveals the landing page areas users are most exploring or paying attention to by tracking the visitor’s cursor movement across the landing page.
Why use landing page heatmaps?
By analyzing landing page heatmaps, you can gain valuable insights into visitor behavior and make data-driven decisions when optimizing your landing pages for maximum conversion.
With integrated heatmaps, PagePro landing page builder provides a unique way to see what your landing page visitors are actually doing — what they’re clicking on, how deep they’re scrolling, what content they find the most valuable, and what parts distract them. You can use this real-life intelligence to build data-driven landing pages optimized for conversion.
How to view a heatmap for your landing page with PagePro
PagePro landing page builder provides an easy way to view a heatmap visualizing the three key parameters - clicks, scroll depth and cursor movement. A heatmap becomes available for every landing page with more than 100 views (Traffic).
Follow these steps to view a heatmap for a landing page in PagePro:
- Navigate to the “Landings” section.
- Select any landing page where “Traffic” is more or equal to “100” and click the icon with three dots to open the “Actions” menu. Among other options, you’ll see “Heatmap.” Click it, and your heatmap preview will open in a separate tab in your browser.